Friday, September 29, 2006

Art Glass


Yesterday I did some work on a project with my friend David Gappa from Vetro Art Glass. I had done some shooting at David's studio a while back and now I am working with him to document a few of their larger custom installations. The one below is in the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders located in Fort Worth. It is a beautiful piece that is nearly six feet in height. This is just one of the shots I tried, there are many more that I need to go through. Shooting pieces like this is very challenging because the glass is so reflective that it is difficult to eliminate the glare. While you need a little to help showcase the "life" in the piece, too much is just not good.

Here's one of the shots from yesterday with a frame layout I had been playing with.