Monday, September 04, 2006

A wet weekend!

Well, the NY area got some of the remnants of Ernesto so it was a rainy weekend. And when it wasn't rainy it was cloudy and gray. I was still able to get most of my projects completed and still found a few minutes to swing by some of the places I remembered from when I lived in the NY area. Before I get into that, I first want to say a big thanks and congratulations to Cortney and Nance who have announced their wedding plans for next year and have asked me to be their photographer. Thank you both, I am really looking forward to working with you on your special day!!


One of the places I used to like to visit was a place called The Ranch It is always a good time to swing by there and watch the skydivers jump from their aircraft and float to the ground and today was no different. I've thought about doing it, but after years of watching guys jump from the back of KC-130's when I was in the Marine Corps, I think I'm better off just watching!


Anyway, these guys were busy today! They had two of their Twin Otter aircraft shuttling jumpers up to 13,000 feet and then diving toward the ground for a landing to get ready to do it again. These aircraft are pretty impressive. Very powerful for their weight they jump right off the ground and get these jumpers into position in no time.