Thursday, June 01, 2006

Molten glass...

Well tonight turned out to be a real treat. For several months I have been going past the glass-blowing studio VETRO in Grapevine but I always seemed to catch them on a Monday, which is when they are closed (at least right now). Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I stopped by and talked with Shannon in the sales area and asked if I could possibly come by and watch them work and maybe take a few pictures. Since they are already set-up for spectators and even offer classes Shannon said that it should be no problem. I went up to the studio tonight and met with David (co-owner) and Scott (one of the apprentice glassblowers) and spent some time watching these guys transform molten glass into beautiful shapes. Along the way, I also learned some interesting facts about glass-blowing. I recommend to anyone who appreciates artistry to stop by and check out their gallery and watch them work.

Thanks again David!