Thursday, February 21, 2008

Local Flavor

Those of you who know me well know that I try to do as much business locally as possible. After all, it just makes sense to support the people that you are hoping will support you. Most wedding and portrait photographers rely on word of mouth and local clients for a majority of their business. Because of that I make it a habit to check out my local options before going elsewhere. Now a lot of folks will cite things like a slightly higher cost as compared to a big chain or online merchant but in most cases your local retailers can offer you personalized service that those big folks can't match and good service is something we all want. Such is the case of a cool new little coffee shop near me. Berry Sweet Buns opened a while back and I mentioned them before I headed to Florida. Well they are fast becoming a little hangout for me. Great coffee, fresh and tasty locally made treats and a cozy atmosphere with free wi-fi add up to a place a photographer, or anyone else for that matter, can really enjoy. Try matching that at your big chain coffee house.


Anyway, from time to time I think I will try to highlight some of the places and great people around that help make this area what it is. Heck, then I'll get to feel a little like Alton Brown and the guys from the food network (albeit on a bit smaller scale...) who get paid to cruise around and eat and stuff. Not a bad gig if you can get it!

Thanks Rob, I enjoyed meeting you today!