Thursday, January 24, 2008

What a way to kick off the 2008 weddings!

Congratulations and best wishes Lindsey and Adam!

This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to assist in the photography of a very special wedding. And while all weddings are special in their own way, this one was even more so. The bride, Lindsey Fuhrman, was a heart donor recipient and on Saturday she fulfilled what was once a dream, to be married. On a snowy afternoon in Erie she realized that dream when she married Adam in a ceremony filled with tears.

I first heard about Lindsey's story while attending one of the many educational seminars I try to attend. It was at one of these seminars where I heard Mike Fulton of TriCoast Photography tell us about her story. When he mentioned that he would be coming to Erie, PA in February I explained that if he needed anything I would enjoy being a part of this wonderful story. Besides, it snows in Eries and Mike is from Houston so I figured if nothing else, I could drive. And snow it did! I think we ended up with about 8-10 inches for the day! And yes, I did some driving....

Here's Mike enjoying the Erie lake effect snow.


But back to the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony with more tears than one can imagine. Not only were Lindsey and Adam's parents there, but Lindsey's donor's parents were there as well and they were an important part of the day. Had it not been for the selflessness of them and their daughter Samantha this special day may never have come.

Here are a few shots from the day and also here is a link to
TriCoast's blog. On the blog not only will you find more images and videos but also links to learn more about organ donation and how it can help save lives.