Monday, May 08, 2006

Back from Atlanta!

I had a fantastic weekend! I was able to make it up to Atlanta and watch my old Marine Corps friend Don "Luke" Lucas get married to a wonderful woman named Kathy on a beautiful Georgia afternoon. I was so happy to be able to be there and share that with them. Kathy, Luke.... Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to track me down so I could be there. Let's not let it be years before we get together again! Kathy, it was so nice to meet you and I look forward to coming up to visit when I can spend more time and tell you some stories that your new hubby may not want to re-live. Luke, you thought it was funny when George was telling stories about me.... We'll see!

Here's one of my quick snapshots that I took. I tried to stay out of the way of their photographer and not be a nuisance. I know how I get when someone comes in and starts shooting over my shoulder....

Along with being able to watch my friend marry his bride, it was great to also re-connect with several friends that had come into town to share this day with Kathy and Luke. There were even several that I hadn't seen since living in Okinawa, Japan back in 1993! Great to see you all again! If you guys get to Texas, you have a place to stay!