Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New Orleans

I just returned from a great trip to New Orleans. It had been a while since I had visited and this trip gave me a bit more time to wander around the city and enjoy many of the things it has to offer. One of the city's best treasures is the music. I just love walking around and hearing all the different types of music and seeing the interesting characters out there performing. On this trip I particularly enjoyed listening to the G String Orchestra. I know, quite a name, but excellent musicians nonetheless. Their line-up included, among others, fiddles, an accordion, a piano, and a string bass. They were a blast and even had a couple of folks out demonstrating some cool cajun dance moves. I made a quick slide show of some images from the trip and G String Orchestra graciously allowed me to use their music as accompaniment. Thanks guys and gals!!! You'll be able to pick them out, they are the ones with the accordion...

Enjoy!