Saturday, April 05, 2008

A day in the city...

For those of you that aren't in the Hudson Valley perhaps you don't know but lately it seems to rain here about every 27 1/2 hours. I don't know what is going on but you can bet somewhere in a forecast is rain. So today when I woke up I was expecting to see the rain on the windows as forecast. But, guess what? The weatherman was wrong! I know, tough to believe but it's true. Sure it was gray out, but no rain so the day didn't look like it would be a total bust.

Well, after some initial thoughts of cleaning up my desk, hitting the gym and stuff like that I decided to ignore all that stuff and head to NYC for the day. I mean really, the piles of papers on my desk will still be there when I get back. So I grabbed the little point and shoot and hit the road!

I headed down to the city and the day turned out to be gorgeous! I took in the Metropolitan Museum of Art along with O'Flaherty's Pub, Central Park, Dean & DeLuca's, and a myriad of little shops and stuff. Here's me enjoying a D&D red velvet cupcake...


The Metropolitan Museum of Art (not to be confused with the MoMA) was incredible. As a photographer it is so interesting to me to go and see how these incredible painters did their work. Seeing how they painted the lighting into their works is simply amazing! And those 15 foot tall ones...talk about an enlargement! Seriously, if you haven't been it is certainly worth a trip.


Let's see, me looking at some artwork... Anyone care to take a shot at the piece in question?


And a funky one, but I loved the pools of light...


New York is such a unique city. There is just so much going on that you can spend hours just watching it all happen. If you aren't from the area, you need to come visit! And if you do, drop me a line!