Monday, October 15, 2007

A quick note on real estate photography

I have had a couple of conversations recently about the value of professional photography in the real estate and interior design industries. Obviously as a professional photographer it's easy for me to explain how I feel it can benefit both the designer or broker and the seller. Having the right equipment and skills necessary to produce a quality image is essential to having that image portray the subject in its best light. Okay, that was a bad pun, but you get my meaning.

Here's a link that I often refer people to who ask about the value of having a professional photographer come in on a real estate sales project. When I sold my house in Fort Worth it was my images that went on the sales site and brochure. I knew what time of day would produce the best lighting for the various rooms and features of the house. Sure it took more time than most agents will dedicate but the results were worth it. When comparing my home to ones similar it was clear to anyone who asked which had the most appeal. First impressions are very important! Especially when it can make the difference of several thousand dollars of commission. It's not cheap, but I am betting it is less expensive than another month or two in mortgage payments waiting on a buyer.

But don't take it from me, after all, I'm the photographer trying to convince you to go with me. Read what some others have to say about it.


New York Times article on real estate photography


If you are a real estate professional and would like to discuss this more, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Pete