Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Old friends....

Yesterday started off about as any other day. You know, trying to get things caught up, wondering if that iPod of yours is really dead or if it can be salvaged. It's dead, but more on that later.

Meanwhile, you phone starts ringing. For some strange coincidence yesterday was the day that four of my old friends decided to call out of the blue. Now the conspiracy theorist in me started to nag, but what the heck, maybe it's just that time of year. After juggling some schedules and pushing some errands to the wayside I was able to meet up with one of those friends and tentatively block a lunch date with two others! So anyway, I drove over to Connecticut where I met up with one of the girls I used to work with a few years back. I caught up with Stacey and her daughter at the new farm where they are boarding their horse. Take a minute to reach out to your old friends, you'll be glad you did. Terry, Zita, Joe... Let's make it happen!

A big thanks to Stacey for allowing me to post a picture of her daughter Kristen. Kristen, good luck with Romeo and thanks for hanging in there for the impromptu picture session.


Yes, Romeo is the name of the horse....

Now about that iPod... I can't believe it finally bit the dust. It has hung in there for over five years and countless drops and smashes in the suitcase, a battery change or two and now it's gone. So now the dilemma. New iPod or just jump to the iPhone? Do I want to lose my music or lose everything when I misplace it? Yes, I'm a Macintosh guy, I use Macs for all my photography work and it would be nice to finally have a phone that really does sync up with my address book and stuff. For years it's been a challenge to tweak some third party software to make everything play nice. But the price!!! Yeow! Maybe it can wait a bit....